Promotional Products and Customer Supplied Products
To give you and your client the best quality print, we must receive the correct file from you. BITMAP and VECTOR are the two files used in the graphic industry. A VECTOR file is what we need from you.
Bitmap images consist of these file extensions
These images are jagged in nature and consist of many bits ( pixels ) that create an image. The closer you zoom into the image, the worse the image will look.
These files cannot be separated to print multiple colors.
BITMAP IMAGES CANNOT BE USED IN PROMOTECH'S PROCESS.
Vector images consist of these file extensions
VECTOR files have smooth lines and can be changed to any size without losing their sharpness. VECTOR images can be easily separated for printing multiple colors.
PROMOTECH CAN ONLY USE VECTOR BASED FILES.
The 2 software programs that can handle VECTOR files are Coral Draw and Adobe Illustrator. These software programs are industry standard.
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR CLIENTS OR YOUR VECTOR BASED FILES?
These files can be found where ever you or your client had the LOGO designed for the company, or where ever you had letterhead or business cards etc. printed.
Ask one of these vendors for the VECTOR based artwork files created in Coral Draw or Abobe Illustrator with either one of these file extensions: .eps, .ai, .cdr, or .pdf
1) Ensure 0.125" total bleed all around (0.0625" for each side is required) and all
important type and image is within the safe margin
(0.0625" from the cut line)
2) All images must be CMYK at 300 dpi.
3) Embed or outline all fonts.
4) Job must be uploaded it as one file - for 2 sided jobs, merge the sides together to
upload the job as one PDF, two different pages.
5) Orientation of the file should be head to head.
6) Black type should be 100K (C0, M0, Y0, K100)
7) Make high resolution PDF from your working file.
Contact Us for More Information